Thread: Ridiculous
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Richard Simon

Leon - I am rarely on this side of the board but this thread caught my eye, and your analysis hit the nail on the head.
EGO,,, mine is better than yours, mine is bigger than yours,, older, rich white men playing with what was originally children's cardboard.
To each his own I guess.
Oh, and let's not forget the power of the PSA Set Registry and the ego involved with that. The autograph/memorabilia guys that I know tend to chuckle about registry sets but the marketing genius at PSA who dreamed that one up does deserve a bonus.
I think many if not all collectors do have some ego about what they have. On the autograph side why do so many of us frame our pieces and mount them on walls all over our homes. I know I do . I love it when a visitor makes a glowing comment about my Thomas Jefferson or Abraham Lincoln signed documents.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-22-2012 at 08:29 AM.