Thread: Ridiculous
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Barry Sloate

Tim- here are a few further thoughts regarding your comments:

Kudos to the buyer for being patient and waiting for the 10, and not rushing to buy a 9 he didn't like. My question: a 9 is a Mint card, isn't it supposed to be virtually perfect? Sounds like the 9's he looked at may have been overgraded. Why didn't he like the 9's? He even noted one of the 9's he saw had a bad corner- well that's not a Mint card in my book.

Regarding Dmitri Young complaining about a 9 that didn't get the 10 he felt it deserved: Can we assume that that was the only card he complained about? Is it possible he complained about many and got some bumped up to 10's? Can't say for sure, but I'm a suspicious guy by nature, and I'm finding his whole collection a bit puzzling. How did he get so many 10's in the first place? If I submitted those exact cards, would I get the same 10's? I know he didn't submit them all, some were sold to him already graded 10. Let's just say I would love to find out more about this collection, and the history of how the cards got the grades they did. Yes, they all look really nice. But like I said, I'm suspicious of everything.