View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
branching out the general memorabilia section more and more is risky, autographs branched out, fine. there is still enough in the general memorabilia section to keep some posts current and people posting, but if branching out to gu and photographs and left handed socks worn by hof'ers, you risk on gutting it too much, and if people see that the last post on a forum was from three days ago, then they stop clicking on that forum altogether.

I agree with this general sentiment and even commented about it in my last post. I think each change has taken into account the dynamics of the board. The last one, separating the autographs, seems to have gone fine. The post-war side of the board is fine though some of the lesser forums don't get posts for a few days. Still, it's not too bad. I wouldn't want a main forum to be too inactive. I think consolidating to have more posts in "a" forum is better. That being said, when I look at the amount of game used discussion we have, it is negligible. As was said in the very first post, this discussion is exactly what was intended. Thanks to everyone who has given an opinion so far. Also, if this new forum (on here) does get done, we will also break out the autograph forum into a main header icon, as previously discussed.
Keeping the number of icons across the top of each page the same, this (below) is what I sent to our techy guy, Brian M., yesterday....to start discussion on some changes.....the icons/forums from left to right (on each page as they are now) would potentially be-

Net54 Form Homepage – Pre-WWII Baseball cards
Buy/Sell/Trade
Memorabilia
Game Used
Autographs
Post War/Watercooler
Vintage Links
Rules/Detection/Archives

Nothing is set in stone yet. Also, I could see potentially splitting up the Game Used into modern and vintage. Just like any board decision, there is 0 possibility of making everyone happy. The goal is to make the majority happy while still having a nice, safe place to discuss different parts of our hobby. An analogy might be asking folks what they like better, chocolate or vanilla. With that question you will not get a 100% agreement. Same idea for this proposed change. Thanks for everyone's thoughts so far.