View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Default This board COULD be so much better!

Posted By: cmoking

DJ, I thought I was clear. I'll re-iterate.

DJ wrote :

"Does anyone attack Hal and his finds? There's a big difference between Jim and Hal. Hal would never use words like "existence" and isn't caught up pretty much only in the value of his purchases. Simply put, Jim rubs me the wrong way in some of the things he says and comes across as being very condescending. This comes across to a large majority of the Board as a person from Iowa once did. "

Specifically, this section: "and isn't caught up pretty much only in the value of his purchases. " implies that Jim is the opposite due to the sentence previous to that: "There's a big difference between Jim and Hal."

You are therefore directly implying that "Jim IS caught up pretty much only in the value of his purchases."

I find that statement false. So in response, I ask you "I don't ever remember Jim telling us how much he paid for any of his cards. Quote some for me please."

As for your most recent post:

"I'm not bitter about not being able to afford certain cards that others have. I know I will probably never own a Wagner. I'm content with that."

I never said anything about you being bitter. Where do you get that from my post?