View Single Post
Old 08-02-2023, 09:29 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post

One thing I always did every year and would suggest the producers do is put yourself through the customer experience.

Stand there and see what it's like to get into your venue, is it efficient and kind?
Try to navigate your layout. Is it frustrating or pleasant?

Get yourself fed/hydrated at your event. Timing/quality/accessibility? Understand it's disrespectful and humiliating to make people sit on the floor to eat.

Go take a shit in the bathrooms your event represents. Sit on the seat, wipe your ass with the TP if there is any, and report back.
This (especially the crapper part). If it doesn't feel right, it isn't right, and the show runner should be cracking heads with the venue, repeatedly and persistently, until it is made right. It is his job to be the squeaky wheel.

One thing I don't blame them for is mechanical breakdowns. They happen. That said the venue should have a back-up plan and the promoters should be asking about that plan before everyone is left there sweating balls because the AC crapped out.
Read Sun Tzu: every battle is won before it is fought. Planning includes contingencies.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 08-02-2023 at 09:32 AM.