View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 06:04 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Hi Fred,

I have or have seen a couple of other Horne's Pirates related items, but do not recall ever seeing anything like the photo you posted. I would be very excited to see a copy of the Clemente - who/how is it that Clemente is on the checklist? Thanks.

-Howard
Hi Howard:

I am starting my quest for info on this set here on Net54 and elsewhere. A knowledgeable collector who grew up in the area at the time has a few of these and has looked for more of them over the years. He recalls seeing a Clemente that was autographed, assuming from the personal appearance at the Department store. It was offered, he can't recall where, he says perhaps ebay years ago. He tells me it was too rich for his blood so he let it go. But he is sure the pose was that of the Clemente on the Exhibit card which was one of the normal team issued poses used for the rest of the seen Horne's.

I spoke today with another Clemente collector you may know from Delaware who has a massive Clemente collection and he does not have one nor ever seen one or was aware of it's existance.

I may also be able to obtain an in store Poster from Hornes advertising the siginings. I am waiting to hear on that. I am told from memory that it does not show individual players, but rather a boy kneeling at his bedside praying that his favorite Pirate will appear at the store so he can get the players autograph. It may have a Pirates logo I am told, but the owner is not sure until he digs it out. It came from an ex Horne's employee.

The checklist I posted earlier is all I have now. Will update as I get more info.

Fred