View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 05:04 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

I saw that Schmidt 1st HR go for that ridiculous price. I really feel that was high but as a ticket guy I am always glad to see strong prices.

As mentioned earlier, a milestone is usually far easier to predict and therefore tickets will be plentiful. Take a look at prices for the 3000th hits of Ripken, Molitor, Brett and Yount. Sometimes they sell for $5.

A debut ticket is becoming a big deal. 10 years ago it wasn't, but now there are more ticket collectors around. I believe the thinking is a debut is like a rookie card. Debuts nowadays are a known entity. They are announced ahead of time for a lot of players so again tickets are available. Older players can be tougher because as stated earlier, people did not think to save this new guys first game ticket.

The hardest modern tickets are for teams that no longer print season tickets. There are 7 teams not printing this year and the number will go up. Keep that in mind if you are collecting contemporary players. So the other day when JD Martinez hit 4 homeruns against the Dodgers, people got agita. Dodgers do not print season tickets. A 4 HR game is not something you know is coming so you can't purchase the ticket ahead of time. Now what? You sit and hope someone who walked up to the game and bought a ticket will part with it! And then you also hope he didn't stick it in his sweaty pocket all night!

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 09-26-2017 at 05:05 PM.