View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Mikeknapp

I purchased a game used 1984 Reggie Jackson bat from them a few years back. This was during the time Jackson was suing them over the world series ring they were auctioning for his step mother. They delivered the bat quickly with their own certificate. However, they promised to include a signed certificate from Jackson's family. That took quite a bit longer for them to deliver. I called multiple times and sent multiple emails prior to receiving it. The explanation they provided was that the step mother was very ill and hospitalized. The auction was to raise funds for her medical treatment. I never understood why they didn't have the documentation in order prior to auction.

I felt like a troll when I learned she passed shortly after the auction. If my recollection is correct a judge stopped the auction before the World Series ring sold. This was my only transaction with AMI. I have received better service from other auction house but I have also been treated much worse by others as well. I would rate my experience as a 6 on a 10 point scale. I know there has been discussions about AMI here in the past that my prove to be more informative. I think the owners name is Victor Moreno.

Mike Knapp