View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 01:33 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
Well, I did read the original link and I would encourage you to read it closer. It says he contacted JSA not James Spence. Yes he is part owner, but he could have just spoken with an employee. Obviously when Spence sold the ball, he was his own entity. Speak with the person Spence and don't expect some employee that has nothing to do with a former business to discuss something they had nothing to do with.

Don't get me wrong, I am not an apologist for the TPA system. I think they make mistakes, but common sense dictates that if you have a problem with a person, speak to that person first. The OP did not do business with JSA, he did business with Spence. I get tired of the stupidity that is TPA bashing. It's an opinion, if you don't like it don't use it. If you are relying solely on their letter, pull your head out of your ass and use some common sense.
Common sense would also say that if an employee of a company named 'James Spence Authentication' said that a lifetime guarantee on a ball authenticated by 'James Spence' was not going to be honored, then that employee was given that line as part of the company's policy;i.e-by James Spence. If not, that employee should be fired.

But I agree that the OP should have found a way to speak with James Spence prior to posting a thread about this - at least until he reached the conclusion that James Spence was avoiding him.

I think we are in agreement that "If you are relying solely on their letter, pull your head out of your ass and use some common sense."