View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Rich Klein

Default Just an update on the Standard Catalog

I just received an email from Krause (F&W) with the 2011 Standard Catalog, the last one with "modern" pricing and the 2012 Standard Catalog for $14.95 each.

Three things,

1) At that price point, I encourge all hobbyists to pick up each book

2) Those prices also prove my point about book publishing. We already had a comment about how he would purchase this book at the "right" price. I think F&W will find that even selling 1000 copies, which to me is the absolute max at $19.95 retail won't really bring much profit to them. From reading the TOC, the only cost will be the actually printing of the pages since they still presumably own their own printing press in Iola.

As a corporation, I'd consider what the cost is to bring back the SC in full form at a higher price point and see if I can recover some of my monies that way. Plus after that, THEN prices can go on line for a fee as well.

3) I want it understood that I'm never against any hobby work -- but I don't want a work like this to be pubilshed at F&W to almost be a death knell. F&W could make much more money with some common sense.

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 02-25-2012 at 05:26 AM.