View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Default LEW LIPSET - BLOCKED BIDDER

Posted By: Mark

Mark

It doesnt seem like youre doing very well.
Matter of fact, it seems prettty positive for me.

As long as you email I thought I might straighten out a few facts. I don't post on the Net 54, but Ill send a copy of this to the board moderator in case he would like to see it and I suggest he make note of the name calling in your email. He has my permission to reprint any parts of it he wants to. I also dont make a habit of reading Net 54 (another of your false assertions) but I do scan for my name once in a while. Also, others advise me of some things that are of interest.

The Reds yearbook was offered by me in 1998. It was consigned by Richard Merkin and it went for $2,000. It was bought by a Seattle Psychologist named Steve Cummings who had a world class baseball publications collection. I could not have have given you a scan in 1998 because I did not own own a scanner. My auctions were done by SCD and they made scans based on color photos I sent them. This was until about 2001. Steve Madson of SCD should be able to confirm this.

While I dont have any recollection of you asking for a "scan", I have no doubt I would have declined since it was not my book and as you indicated it was fragile. Im sure you were as obvious to your intent then as you were when my sale list was listed two months ago.

Steve Cummings chose to sell his publications collection and it was sold through Sloate-Smolin and the better items through Mastro or Lifson. Im sure Barry Sloate or Jerry Smolin will have memory of this. I bought the Reds book back for $1,000 I believe and have had it since.

Now as to correcting your recollections. You asked for a scan of the Marsans and Luque when my sale page came out. If anyone wanted to see a sample page of the book, that would be fair enough, but you wanted to see Marsans AND Luque. You said you were considering buying the book. It seemed very transparent but I still sent you one. Then you asked for the other one citing it was "alot of money to spend". I sent that also knowing full well there was no chance of you buying the book. I contacted him a week later and you emailed that you weren't interest. Noteworthy, is I never received a thank you from you for either scan. One would have to be an absolute moron to think that you had any intention, ever, to buy that book. As I told you by email, if you emailed and asked for copies because you collected Cuban Players, I might have given you the scans or digital pictures, but you chose to lie and pretend.

Finally you said " And I realized that $2K was too much after seeing the scan of the Marsans page. Is that clear enough?". I dont remember which one I sent you first, but the first one was an accurate rendtion of the pages". If you knew that after seeing the first one, why did you ask for the second one.

You were banned from bidding on my ebay auctions. I went to ban you from my regular auctions, but you weren't on my mailing list.

When you found out you were blocked from bidding on my ebay auction, you emailed me and without even waiting for a reply, you posted it on 54. Two posts later you said "but will call him and confront him tomorrow, should be entertaining." Then later on you said " As an aside, I find it funny how brave people are over the telephone or on the computer. I wish I was a bit older and lived out west.". That would seem to be a threat and I note that you also are one of "brave people using the telephone and the computer", as is everyone on Net 54. Consider me chimed in.

Lew Lipset