View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Default I'm surprised at everyone's patience

Posted By: petecld

For the record: Don't take this post as a defense of these sellers. The sellers of AAA and NASA items are scum and the hobby would be better without them. I have complained to ebay about "libertyforall" and have contacted bidders and I was told by ebay to stay out or be banned and some of the bidders told me they have the right to buy what they want and pay what they want. I can't argue with that. IT IS A FREE COUNTRY. "liberyforall" is a power seller so ebay won't touch him.

(Note: I read a dozen of their offerings, not all so you may be able to find other examples of claims)

Sadly, there is nothing in their descriptions that I found fraudulent. You can't argue the junk they are selling is authentic, as long as they are cut from the original magazine, guide, etc. they are authentic pages/cut outs. They are cut outs and they call them that; they are on paper stock and they admit that; I'm assuming they were cut out from publications issued in the years they state so there is nothing wrong with the "date of issue" statements. Got a problem with a grade? People have problems with grades from PSA, SGC, PRO, etc. so that's nothing new. I'll assume the holders are as tamper proof as the others.

People can buy what they want and pay what they want. I agree with most in that the offerings are junk and worthless but when you get down to it, what is the difference in what they are doing and what the card companies do to baseball bats and jerseys for inserts?

Jersey swatches - bat chips - picture cut from a magazine - what's the difference? How do you know all those jersey pieces and bat slivers are from authentic bats and jerseys??? Didn't Fleer or Upper deck already get caught claiming the "game used jersey" cut outs really weren't game used?

I'm with Jeff in that I don't see how they are making money considering the fees involved.

Bottom line: People have the right to "treasure" what you(and I) call "trash."

I've looked at what others have paid for cards and wondered "what were they thinking?" and I have had my bid amounts questioned - it's all about what someone will pay for an item - that is what an item, any item, is worth.