View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 10:06 AM
J1m C0chran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You are welcome. We used to have a hosting company in a foreign country half way across the world. The support was extremely poor. It was hours and days at a time, to get back running again, when we would go down.
Several years ago we switched to a US based company and they are great. Each time we have gone down they have us back up in just a few minutes. It probably only took around 10-15 minutes this morning after it was reported, to be fixed. It was a corrupted database file that they ran a repair on (for those inquiring techy minds.) I was on the phone with them 2x. They have some great young (sounding) engineers who handle things quickly. This isn't them.
Nice to see the work coming back to the USA. I'm now a retired DBA, recently replaced by 4 foreigners at the same price. This has happened to many of my former workmates as well. Problem is you can't brute force quality. So, if your service provider happens to be in merger negotiations with Time Warner, and your telecommunications start acting up, don't be the least bit surprised.