View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Default possibly OT: World Series Ticket stubs

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

I'd like to see some sort of guide that depicts images of each ticket, a thumbnail history of the game, and a value estimation.

Such a guide would identify the ticket designations and match them up to the games. Sometimes home game 2 with a 2 on the stub was actually the 4th game.

The most recent shuffle is the very last WS game!!! Game 1 and 2 were in Detroit, in 2006. Game 3 is in St Louis, and those stubs say game 3. Game 4 was scheduled for Wednesday night, and it was rained out. Game 5 had been set for Thursday night. MLB chose to honor game 5 tickets for game 4 that was played Thursday night (since those ticketholders had reservations and plans to be there that night in the first place), and MLB honored game 4 tickets for game 5. The Cardinals' WS winner ticket stubs have a 4 on them!!!

It would be interesting to do a master list of all WS games in Excel, kinda like the T206 super set list.... then we could let the "listmaster" know which stubs we had, and send him a scan if he needed it. I have a couple of dozen stubs. A couple of my better ones are on loan to the StL baseball museum, 1934 game 7, and 1946 game 4.

Anyone interested in working on a master list??

Frank.