View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 07:35 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I have no reason at all to doubt Ted, but that's what's so confusing (to me anyhow), this isn't ancient history at all. It would be like someone today getting the date wrong on an 80s issue.

Peter
This LEAF set has been confusing to many who did not collect these cards in 1949. As I said in a previous post here....Beckett's 1979 Price Guide was not sure what year to assign
to this set, so they started the 1948-49 identification. And, it stayed that way until the mid-1990's......when Beckett corrected it to 1949. Bob Lemke's Standard Catalog is correct
with the 1949 date.

I was surprised that there was not a reply to my Post #26. So let's try this again. Shown here is a LEAF premium (7" x 5 1/2") which was enclosed in the same 24-count wax-pack
box that the LEAF cards were packaged in. SGC has correctly labelled it 1949 LEAF. But this is at variance with SGC's labelling of the LEAF BB cards as 1948-49 LEAF GUM CO.

These two pieces should have identical labelling. This is a one example of how the grading companies are screwed up on this subject.

. .

This discussion has become tiresome. If some of you still question the information which I've imparted in these Posts, then counter it with some meaningful replies.
Otherwise, take your "negativism" elsewhere. It's not needed here.

In any event, I refer you to my OLD CARDBOARD (Issue #9) article (8 pages) regarding the 1949 LEAF BB set. I received a tremendous amount of compliments
on it. Contact Lyman Hardeman for back copies of this magazine.

Thanks Dale (#30) and Al (post #35) for the kind words.....I really appreciate them.

TED Z

T206 Reference