View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 06:19 AM
John

I think the Chicle set definitely had some big misses. I once did a post here on which 36 cards I would have liked. For example, there were two players that hadn't played a down yet that some probably thought might be pretty good in the pros - Stan Kostka and Don Hutson. In hindsight, it would have been great if they had included the latter. I probably give them a pass on Grange and Friedman as they may have considered that they wouldn't be playing in '35 or as I suspect they may not have known much about pro football at all and just relied on the photos the clubs sent them. They did include a premium photo of Grange.

I guess pro football just wasn't popular enough in the '20s to have a card set issued which is definitely disappointing for collectors. Unless the player was a college star and was included in one of the sets that issued cards of college players in the '20s like Friedman, cards just don't exist. Matchbooks can fill some gaps for players who were active in the 30s.

Back to an earlier topic - the Rams team issues. Are any of:

1950 Admiral TV Los Angeles Rams
1953 Rams Team Issue
1954 Rams Team Issue
1955 Rams Team Issue

large cards that were issued in packs or are they more like photos/premiums and if so, how were they distributed?

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 02-14-2018 at 09:20 AM.