View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 09:10 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I understand the dilemma. A lot of collectors have struggled with this. Here's what I have come up with. While it is involved, it works quite well. I put my cards in Card Saver 1s, and I then place the Card Savers in these Perfect Fit sleeves specifically made for Card Saver 1s. perfectfitsleeves.com

Then I use 4 pocket Ultra-Pro pages and slide it into the pocket and fold the adhesive piece of the Perfect Fit sleeve down over the front of the pocket. This holds the Card Saver and the card perfectly in place... no slipping around. Get yourself a nice D ring binder, and you are in business! I know it sounds involved, but it really isn't bad at all.

I use this system with vintage football and will be switching over my early 50s baseball sets to this method. I understand that it would take multiple binders with larger 60s and 70s baseball sets. But if your set is manageable in size, this is a good way to go. You get accessibility with a binder and an extra layer of protection. I attached a few pics. Sorry they are a bit blurry. Ignore any white labels you might see on the backs of some of the Card Savers, they are just price tags from a dealer that I need to remove.

I realize all of this contradicts what I said in this thread a while back, but I just had another collector turn me on to the Perfect Fit sleeves this week. They changed everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Reviving this thread to ask of anyone has experienced some of their cards in pocket sheets being damaged by the "curl" or other mis-shape of those sheets.

I just decided to remove my 1961s from their toploaders, place them in penny sleeves, then place the sleeves in 8 pocket sheets. I like the look so far, but I noticed that some of the sheets had slight corner curls coming right out of the box. I figure the sleeves will offer a bit more protection, but will they will prevent any curl? At present I plan on storing the binder and any others flat as opposed to standing. Does this help, hurt or make any difference?

Finally, please let me know if anyone makes mylar pocket sheets. I love the mylar sleeves (thanks for the source tip Larry), and would think a sheet would be firmer.
20180928_195609.jpg20180928_195547.jpg20180928_195523.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 09-29-2018 at 09:20 PM.