View Single Post
Old 04-28-2023, 07:15 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Not all layoffs signal a struggling company. Many companies (multiple industries) hired rapidly in anticipation of growth that never manifested, and they are now laying off those people to right-size the company given that the growth came. Suppose PWCC was preparing for alternative revenue streams - NFTs, video games, shoes, etc. but the NFT market sucks, and video games have cooled a ton after a few big profile auctions (I don’t know about shoes). There is no reason to keep that dead-weight salary expense on the books, so you lay them off. That doesn’t mean their card auctions, market place, vault, etc are doing bad. It just means they don’t need the people they hired to serve collateral businesses that did not materialize.

I have no idea what’s going on at pwcc and if the above applies, or if they are having larger issues, etc. I am just pointing out that layoffs do not always mean a company is struggling. It may mean they have given up on some growth
right google and amazon have a had a lot of layoffs...they seem to be making a ton of money...once thing to layoff when making money, another to layoff when losing money such as First Republic bank etc..