View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
I think the deciding factor on the Plank was the Factory 30, apparently someone placed a higher value on that.

150 Series are tough enough with the PSA pop report showing fourteen 350 Series cards and only three 150 Series, all Fact. 30. Oddly no Fact 25's are shown in the pop report. With a total of sixty-four Plank Sweet Caporal's graded forty-seven were graded prior to listing the series/factory, leaving the true factory rarities still to be determined. Researching the PSA Auction prices realized for the unlabeled Planks revealed eighteen of the unlabled forty-seven, all of which were either 350 series or 150 Fact. 30, with only one 150 Fact. 25, which might lead one to believe the Fact 25, is actually the scarcest of all possible backs on the T206 Plank(less the Piedmont). Reading old archives 10+ years old, many people were uncertain the Fact. 25 even existed.

Regardless, the 150's are still much rarer and more desirable.
This.

The series 150 makes the card much more special. But holy crap, not THAT much more special in my opinion- but clearly I am wrong. I wanted this card badly. But once it got over $100k (it’s not a great looking example to be honest), I felt it got a little pricey. But then, POW, that sucker took off to heights that I never expected; reminds me of the type 2 W600 Wagner that sold a few months ago (for $100k more than the more desirable and higher graded type 1 sold for on Thursday). I just think sometimes people get caught up in the rush (seems that’s what happened with the Cobb red Hindu also, among others). I have been guilty of that - more times than I care to admit.

But the series 150 is not THAT rare (not like the Wajo BL 460), and this sale will likely draw a few out. And I will be waiting....!!