View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 10:13 AM
Ste.ven Lich.tman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
This.

The series 150 makes the card much more special. But holy crap, not THAT much more special in my opinion- but clearly I am wrong. I wanted this card badly. But once it got over $100k (it’s not a great looking example to be honest), I felt it got a little pricey. But then, POW, that sucker took off to heights that I never expected; reminds me of the type 2 W600 Wagner that sold a few months ago (for $100k more than the more desirable and higher graded type 1 sold for on Thursday). I just think sometimes people get caught up in the rush (seems that’s what happened with the Cobb red Hindu also, among others). I have been guilty of that - more times than I care to admit.

But the series 150 is not THAT rare (not like the Wajo BL 460), and this sale will likely draw a few out. And I will be waiting....!!
If you want rare back top HOF T206’s you either have to pay up or be ok with looking at it in someone else’s collection. When the PSA 2 Wagner sells for over 1.2M in Mile High this fall, and it will, we’ll all be saying the same thing until it sells for 1.5 the next time. Unfortunate perhaps but reality.