View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpeck100 View Post
Thank you!

I used to run in the crazy heat in Orlando 5.1 miles but just wasn't getting the results I wanted and my feet, ankles, and knees hurt all of the time. I did get heat stroke once and it was crazy seeing myself pee out brown urine in the shower. I don't think my body temperature got back to normal for close to two hours.

It wasn't long after that I switched to the stair master in the AC. No cardio delivers the results that it does. A 30 minute session on 85 steps a minute burns 407 calories and can get you ripped. I gave up on trying to be big and decided I wanted to look more like I did in my early 20's and it has been a great transition and I feel much better slimmed down.

The gym had a power outage a few weeks ago and I ran in the morning and was quickly reminded why I quit! Haha
Wow, that is amazing. Take it from someone who used to be a runner---if you miss a day, it's ok. As I tell someone now and then, I'm no longer training for the Illinois high school state cross country meet. Still, being 65 now, I gotta "keep at it", or else .....

I never did get the hang of the stair master, but I learned quickly that thing will put bushy hair on your chest; it's NOT for the faint of heart. Again, very proud of you, bro!

All the best, Brian Powell