View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:51 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamendo View Post
I recently bought a wrapper from 1926 Shotwell. It was nearly perfect. It was between the pages of a football program from 0ct/1926. I have seen some of the promotional material and letters from the 1925 Spaldings trying to entice a baseball player to sign up. The second letter was I believe April /26. There are other grange cards which are not listed in this chain. Two different foreign ones and three exhibit cards from the movie one minute to play. I have also seen a non-sport small card of Grange that Chad Dreier showed me one time. My vote is for the 1926 Spalding which I believe there are three to four known. Most of the rare pre-war football cards that have been graded are in SGC holders so I don't think PSA has seen or even knows what some of these cards look like. If the grading companies allowed you to register any cards (forgetting about the awards) then the hobby would see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1

The further you dig on vintage football, the more cool and interesting items you find. That's what makes collecting this stuff so interesting.

And Carl is right about the grading companies. They only want sets in there registry that they've verified there are at least two of some of the cards. They have no interest in grading one of a kind cards/sets for historical purposes so the registry is missing a LOT of cards.

jeff