View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 01:14 PM
Greg C

Default clemente

It has pack fresh edges all around. The centering is within the parameters for an 8. The surface gloss seems to be immaculate. The overall print is actually bolder in person than the scans, as my scanner runs a hair on the warm side. Minimal print dotting. The biggest dot is about the size of a grain of fine sand.

The white line is the beginning of a print line, which stops. It does not appear to be "snow" or any type of damage. There are plenty of 7's out there with a print line or roller mark going completely across the card. That being said, this is minutiae by comparison.

The corner in question is not as sharp as the others because of the rough cut on the edges. It is not from wear. This happens frequently on OPC cards. You can see on the front side of the same corner, that it acutally comes to a sharp point where the paper was scored, then has a lot of fluff from the separation.

I grade with all 3 companies on a very regular basis. I have seen far worse Clemente RCs graded 7. On a blind test with two 7's, you would assume a full grade difference. This one is comparable to a lot of 8's out there, which I have seen side by side with this one many times.

AIN'T GRADING FUN! How many times have we sent in the same card, only to receive a different grade? I honestly love the human element of the process. It keeps things interesting.

Acceptable 7.5 or strong 7?