View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 07:39 AM
JeR@Me

Default Interesting theory

Ted,
Thanks for your thoughts. Those 68 can easily be run in a 150 / 350 series print run, so it's entirely plausible, that they changed the card stock when printing those 48 / 20 for the Coupons Type 1's. I think about this... We know those cards were made in 1910. So there was a reason they were made, and we know they were distributed in the deep South, most likely out of the Irby Branch in New Orleans, La. area (See Postcard of New Orleans Retailer with scores of Coupon Boxes which I think contained 5 cartons of Coupon 100's cigarettes) So, discerning why there was thin card stock could be multiple reasons, but I am warming up to your theory of them simply putting a type 1 coupon on the horizontal end of the Coupon Carton. My Carton has a shadow where something the size of a Coupon card was residing, and it probably was taped on there as you suggested, and with the scores of Coupons found with missing paper at the top middle, but the rest of the card is in really good shape, makes me really start buying into the limited production theory of these cards were distributed in a limited fashion in location (Deep South) and distributed in limited fashion upon marketing/release. (Instead of packs, they were on Cartons) - Your ATC theory is an interesting one. We may be in the right direction on the Coupons, so more time is needed to help prove the theory right or wrong. Thnx for your contribution!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg COUPONS.jpg (73.6 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg COUPONS 2.jpg (45.6 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg Coupon1.jpg (73.3 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 03-09-2016 at 11:10 PM.