Thread: Kurt cobain ot
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:52 AM

Default JimStinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins View Post
I spoke to Bob Dylan's son about this 3 years ago (our kids played little league together) and he figured about 95% of the autographs of his dad and his brother offered were fake, and that was a conservative guess. I showed him an offering from a major auction house and he just laughed, saying those were definitely fakes- even though they had some pretty solid authentication.
Great thread, I would agree most rock music icons are almost impossible, Dylan HATES to sign and is probably one of the 10 toughest living celebrities to get an autograph of.

Your post about Bob Dylan brought back memories , When boxer Hurricane Carter was in prison. Dylan did a benefit concert at Madison Square Garden called "Night of the Hurricane" which I attended , It was to raise funds for his legal defense and dozens of celebs attended including Muhammad Ali who spoke with Carter by phone , and was amplified throughout the arena.

Shortly after Hurricane Carter was released from prison I did a private signing with him in Orlando Florida , he took a plane from Canada where he was living at the time and we hung out for the weekend.
He knew Dylan personally and had some great stories. He confirmed what I already knew that Bob Dylan rarely if ever signs an autograph.
In an attempt to be sly with Carter.... I steered the conversation around to Dylan's visits to him in prison and if they exchanged letters, Carter said of course they did. I asked him if he kept the letters and he said he had. before I could even ASK the next question (You KNOW what the next question was going to be...) ...the clever Carter smiled and then started laughing..."Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy" he said "Nice try but the answer is NO !"