View Single Post
Old 04-16-2023, 05:58 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

It's not a bad thing to be prepared for misfortune. It's good to be fit, to learn how to make a fire, to have some supplies on hand, to learn to do some things for yourself that people don't really have to do anymore usually. I suppose it doesn't hurt to have a case of water in your trunk, and some MRE's and a few magazines. I suppose it can even be a fun hobby for some to learn these skills and to prepare. It sure doesn't hurt anyone.

I fail to see any real liklihood that things will collapse so bad that order and law disappear and people are really forced to fend entirely for themselves. Having seen most vintage collectors bulk, we should hope not as most of us will be dying very quickly. Most people will not be able to take care of themselves for even a week.

That this apocalyptic scenario will happen and silver will see a price rise because farmers will use it as the currency to traverse their roads (apparently in this end of order scenario, people are polite and respect property and it isn't those who can quickly form well-armed groups that will control things) is ludicrous.

If one truly believes the end of civilization is coming, one should get fit, learn survival skills, hoard food and medicine and water and stockpile ammunition, parts and magazines, learn marksmanship, organize a group. Stacking silver to pay farmers to cross their roads? How far down the rabbit hole of crazy can we go?