View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 05:04 PM
pariah1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
Thats awesome. I am a big time BBQ carnivore and the family as well.
This weekend just-so happens to be our BBQ 'Pit Wars' on the river festival called the Roman Roast. We will have the King of BBQ Myron Mixon attending again and do a live taping.
Friday was Wings night and Saturday is the main event.
BTW, i am a Nascar fan too! but i have never attended a sanctioned event, just a local dirt track we have. There been a few times i came close, but hanging around a bunch of beer drinking all day is not fun for me i guess, Rv have a 5yr waiting list at Dega from what i hear, tho sleeping in a van or truck be more feasable i guess.
Here is the website of the BBQ: http://www.rfpra.com/RomanRoastontheRiverteams.html
Smoking Guns:
Atlanta, Georgia: Smoking Gun BBQ
The Rust Nail employs a giant 18-ft. long pistol-shaped barbecue grill, visible on a trailer in the parking lot. Smoke comes out of the barrel. - See more at: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/2....Fo4l6flR.dpuf
That Roman Roast looks like an awesome event, hope you got a chance to enjoy the featured meats & eats. The pistol smoker is ridiculous, but would be a huge hit here at the Ellensburg Rodeo.

Glad to meet a fellow NASCAR gearhead on net54. In the Pacific Northwest it's dirt tracks and 1/2 mile ovals. I visited the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte last year. Totally agree about Dega/Daytona infields, but I'd love to go to Martinsville for $2 dogs and minor league hockey-like action on the track. Good times.

Go to Memphis-style rub:
½ cup paprika
¼ cup garlic powder
¼ cup chili powder
3 tbsp sea salt
3 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp onion powder
2 tbsp celery seed
1 ½ tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp thyme
3 tsp cumin
2 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp coriander
2 tsp allspice

Great on meat & poultry without the need of BBQ sauce. Increase heat with more black pepper or substitute hotter chili powder variations or with cayenne.

Last edited by pariah1107; 05-09-2015 at 05:55 PM.