View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Default A question regarding the Mastro trimmed card thread

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Adam,

You may be done with me but I am far from done with you. Those people who you mention stated the card was trimmed based on an image of the card once in the PSA holder. Aside from tiny Quan, nobody until your post on this thread, inferred or suggested that the card is different in appearance since after my purchasing it. You really went to law school? Hmmm!!!!! You did not really need me to point that out to you, did you? You just wanted me to do more typing.

No vendetta here, you victimize yourself and invite this into your life. I might make a similar claim that it is you who has the vendetta or an agenda. Your entire collection is not worth what I paid for the card on ebay and it seems you have a special motivation to attack me on the boards. No need to be envious, Adam. I come in peace. Now get back to work on the appellate small claims case you were diligently preparing for.

Robertmike,

Guess you are new to grading and the hobby. The graders do not see the submission forms, generally, but the folks receiving the cards with submission forms enter the information from the submission forms, which the graders then see. If they didn't enter that info then there would be a whole lot of cards in boxes sitting in the receiving area. Isn't that neat how that works?

The card was undersized. I send cards to grading companies to grade the cards. That is not my job. Unlike most of you, I trust that PSA does a pretty good job. With my two notes they felt the card was legit and they graded it. Am I really to be expected to send the card back and make them break it out because a few dozen people here say the card is trimmed but have never seen the card? I know you expect me to do that because you too would do it. Please get off of your soapbox.

Rob,

Nice to meet you too. If the card really was VG how much more would one have to take off of the card to make it EXMT? Do you really know the difference between VG and EXMT? I am going to go out on a limb and say, NOT. I am not talking about the assigned numerical grade of 3 versus 6 or 40 versus 80. What big eggs you have from behind your computer. The card is in the same shape it was after I got it from ebay. You do not have the benefit of even seeing the scan prior to grading and I am thinking that you do not even possess the skills necessary to make the kind of determination you have, were you to have the scan.