View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Default Auction House Question

Posted By: Fred C

James,

You're right about the difference between an AUTH and "1" (or SGC10). What's odd is that people will seek out that numerical grade over the AUTH. I'm becoming more accepting the AUTH label. I think sometimes the grading services miss the mark and assign the AUTH (or reject the card for encapsulation) if they have any doubt. I can't fault them for this. I was really turned into a believer of grading services missing the mark after I picked up a T200 card that was adhered to a book page. I was about 100% certain that the card was in that book for years until I steamed it off. When I turned it in for grading it was rejected for "color being added". I about crapped my pants when I got the card back but I figured oh well, they don't always get it right.

I'll take AUTH OJs if the image is nice and the card doesn't appear to be trimmed. SGC said that they will not assign an AUTH to rebacked OJs. I think that they should give it an AUTH label with a "rebacked" comment. Oops, I'm drifting off topic.

James, could you please post a picture of this card?

Thanks!