View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 02:27 PM
Ed McCollum

Default First time on the board in a while, and probably won't be back for a while

First off, again, thanks to all the members who have helped so much over the past nine years in rebuilding the Howe McCormick collection.

But real life has brought my collecting days to a halt, at least for the time being. Back on June 9, I lost my job of the last 14 years, and as of today, still haven't found anything in my career field to replace it. I was lucky enough that when my job was eliminated, I was given a severance package, but being cautious with what might be all we have for a while, collecting cards has been put on hold. Haven't even been on eBay since the day before the job loss, and think I've been on the board here maybe only once or twice the first week after. Bit hard to go somewhere to talk about stuff you can't participate in for the time being.

While I'm not actively collecting, or even visiting auction sites, I wouldn't mind it if anyone happens to see one of the cards dropping me a personal message through the board, just so I could add the card to the data base I've been keeping. One way of staying involved without getting too involved.

Again, thanks to everyone for the help over the years. Hopefully, I'll be back, sooner than later. Good luck to everyone in their pursuits.

Ed