View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Default What makes a great collector?

Posted By: jay behrens

All you have to do is look at the PSA registry. I have no doubt there are "collectors" on that list that are more interested in the competition than the history and the story behind the cards and the players.

As was pointed out, it very easy to throw money at anything when you have it. The acquisition of knowledge about the cards you collect is much harder. Even with the internet, there are still collectors in all fields that collect because they think it is cool and some sort of status symbol, yet know almost nothing about what they collect outside the basics.

Leon, I'd apologize for the comment, but I can only take so much greatest, best, etc with that pompous attitude. The whole thread comes across as an ass kissing affair rather than something that could have been worthwhile. Maybe Bruce needs to spend some of the bank account on some courses on how to project a less pompous and arrogant attitude when he writes.

Another tip for Bruce, quit claiming it's not about the money. Every post you make IS about the money. When you understand that, you'll understand why most people on this board find your attitude distasteful.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.