View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Default Cubans are Cubans............................

Posted By: Joe Pelaez

I do know your sense of humor ..........

You keep forgetting that I was born in the biggest Melting Pot in the world.

For sixty years I was blessed with the privledge of living among every possible religion, (and I'm an atheist) color, creed, and every possible politics created by man.

As for religion, every religious sect predates modern politics ... it is the original politics.

Some one mentioned that I was putting down Cuban food. ... Hell no.

I can tell that that person was not from a diversified area.
Again, this atheist will say that he was blessed with the opportunity to taste all the foods of the world within the Island of Manhattan.

As a child, I not only ate rice and beans, but I was also exposed to Borsht, Italian food, Chitlins, Greek food, Chinese food, Puerto Rican food, Cuban food, Lithuanian food, Russian food, and even grub from West Virginia.
I'm sure I'm leaving some out, and I apologize for that.

Those eats were not at restaurants, they were at the parents home of my high school football teammates of the late 1940's.
In 1949, not only did we have the only Chinese backfield man playing NYC H. S. football, but we also had among our NYC black teammates, a black southerner, playing along side a transferee white from West Virginia ... Ernie Williams W-VA, a great guy, I hope they're both well.

We were surrounded by all kinds of diversity.
Religions.
Politics.
Foods.
Everything under the sun.
We had the opportunity to study the differences, and make our own choices ... whether the choice was good or bad ... you can count on one thing ... you're not going to find too many Programmed Party Parrots.

We Were Indeed Blessed!

I feel for those that did NOT have the benefit of that experience.

No Leon ... I Know Where you're Coming From. I like you, but I can call all your shots.

Stay well,
Joe