View Single Post
Old 12-10-2021, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
Hmmm I think we need Mr. Domer to check in on that.

There are other “series” of pennants of unknown maker, that share the same design and structure. Examples:

Oversized 1910s “B.B.C.” pennants (Red Sox just sold in REA)
Very oversized 1900-1910s with sewn leather graphic

I should also add that the 1951 NYG Cinderella Boys pennant comes from a maker that appears to be unique from those previously listed. There are others with same wide scroll and similar designs - again, Dodgers and Yankees, suggesting a NYC area company. Still think it would be cool to have a reference with pennants sorted by maker.
You have such a reference: pennantfever.weebly.com! I may not have posted any new content in a while, but I'm constantly updating the libraries for each maker as soon as new pennants are ID'd. If you haven't looked at my ADFLAG post in a few years, you'll see a few new pennants there. Same with WGN.

It's tough to keep up with Trench, however, because they made sooooo many pennants from 1940-70. They made a lot of different pennant series, too and each series generally included a pennant for all 16+ teams. Documenting them all would be quite an undertaking, so I just tried to include a few examples from each.

Oh, and the maker of the double-wide scroll pennants you reference? And, the BBC series maker? I have some answers to these questions ... but, you're gonna have to wait. New content in 2022 will answer these questions.

Last edited by Domer05; 12-10-2021 at 01:29 AM.