View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 07:00 AM

Hi Guys, my name is Adam Bonfiglio. I am the eBay user that you are discussing in this thread. This is obviously an uncomfortable situation, but I felt it would be best to tell things from my perspective, rather than hide and not say anything. First and foremost, I am a collector first. I have been collecting since February of 1976. I have the upmost respect for the hobby and other collectors who share the enjoyment. I have been selling items on eBay, shows and through mailing lists for over 20 years to supplement my collection. I have 26,241 baseball autographs in my collection. 8893 different players. That does not include umpires, execs, AAGPBL, broadcasters, etc.
I do not sell any autographs that I do not already have in my collection. I buy collections of any size and individual autographs and have been doing so for years. I look to upgrade those of lesser quality and then sell the placeholder. Look, I know as well as you do that there are literally thousands of fake autographs on eBay and throughout the hobby. The facts are well documented. However, I would NEVER intentionally list an item that I thought was fake! I have purchased items, even a few with fancy PSA and JSA LOA's, that have been found to be not authentic. I don't like when that happens to me, so I certainly wouldn't do that to others. There is no doubt that some of the items I have listed may not be real, but not to my knowledge. I'm sure there are many fakes that are offered by many other respected sellers as well! Unfortunately, that's just the nature of the hobby. Maybe I don't take the time that I should to examine the autographs more thoroughly, (Incidentally, the Waner autograph has been removed from my listing),but to suggest that I am forging the autographs is very upsetting.
I have a good job, with benefits. I have a wonderful wife and 2 beautiful boys. I am an honest, hard-working, middle-class citizen. I don't need extra money. My life is good. I simply enjoy the hobby.
I don't want to sound defensive, but I wanted to tell things from my end. I wish there was something I could do or say to prove all of this to you. I'm open to suggestions. I don't want you to think that this is all BS. I know eBay seller rating doesn't necessarily mean much, but it is 100%. I have a great deal of friends that I have made through the hobby that can vouch for my credibility. If you'd like to call me to discuss this further, please feel free to do so. 862 881-0309.
Thanks,
Adam