View Single Post
Old 09-16-2017, 09:02 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post

Browsing History and Cookies are two different things: History is just the website URL (address) that gets you to the website only. Cookies are meant to "enhance" that experience by storing your browsing habits and trends - as well as other things such as: (singular example) You use your Favorites (or History) section to get to Net54. Previously, you have checked the "remember password" box. In this case it is the cookie (not your history) and website agreeing "We be cool". No manual typing password. When you clear your history you are not clearing your cookies. There is usually a separate option for that. If you Clear All Cookies you will hence need to then type your password for every site you have previously checked the "remember password" option.

(Unless you actually DO clear all your cookies upon cleanup. Then forget everything I just said )
I use to use automatic password fill ins but learned that was another avenue for hackers and the like?
When I use Ccleaner, which is quite often, it clears everything, including history and cookies.

Whatever is going on, either happens before those security/cleaner things are used, or, like I am thinking, our info is being shared/purchased/used by a 3rd party or something like that?
Seems other things are going on lately as well.
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=244964

I just went into Facebook again, and there was an E-Bay add showing all the previous cards I had looked at last night??
I have never seen E-Bay on FB before and I have never used E-Bay while on FB?

I have also noticed lately, which I am getting tired of, is the amount of advertising that is popping up on FB! I can't even watch a vid a friend has posted without it stopping part way through to show an advertisement/ad. It won't let you skip it or fast forward it, it forces you to watch it if you want to see the rest of your friends vid.

Imo, things are getting worse as far as privacy goes. Just when you think our personal info is somewhat safe, we see things like this which only leaves me to believe things are a lot worse than originally thought and as far as privacy goes, we have zilch while on the internet.