Thread: Shipping?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 03:17 AM
Lonnie Nagel

I stopped posting separate shipping charges on ebay long ago and provide "Free" shipping to US Addresses on every thing I list. As a result - automatic - 5 stars on every transaction for shipping. Typically I just add $3 (on shipments of 1 or a few cards) over my selling price to the auction start price or BIN.

Havent bought a bubble mailer in years - since I am both a buyer and seller I open carefully and reuse most all of the bubble mailers that my purchases come in.

My expenses end up being actual shipping cost - purchased thru ebay (which includes a small discount with free tracking) and clear packing tape

Bought a small digital postage scale years ago and Im sure it has paid for itself several times over now.

I am typically a WAY EARLY riser so shipping dept kicks in most mornings around 4-5 am and everything goes to Post Office on my way to work long before they open using the lobby drop box

Cant remember the last time I had a Canadian sale and needed to calculate that cost.

Bottom line - shipping has pretty much become a non issue for me and I never have customers complain about shipping cost - plus it keeps the ebay gods fat, dumb, and happy.

I suspect that had the OP won the card for $160 with Free Shipping this post would be non existent and he would still have been just as happy with the transaction. YES?