View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 05:03 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
If I sell and chard $1 shipping this is what I do.
Get a greeting card.....put the card in a card saver...tape it will on the inside...close card...take each side of greeting card then envelope it mail it .55 cent first class then a .20 Non machinable then put in mail box. Works like a charm try it guys.
Johnny, the USPS non-machinable surcharge was fairly recently reduced to 15 cents.

I ship most cards that I sell for up to $20-25 on eBay via PWE. I use a couple of pieces of fairly thick stiffener. The key is to keep the PWE no thicker than 1/4 inch, which is the thickness limit for a First Class letter. If the PWE is greater than 1/4 inch thick, it is considered a First Class package. Also, I write "non-machinable" in red ink on both sides of the PWE. My PWEs end up weighing between 1 and 2 ounces, hence my USPS mailing cost is $.55 + $.15 + $.15 = $.85 total.

I don't sell a lot of cards on eBay, as I'm not a dealer. I just sell cards that no longer fit my collecting focuses. I guess I've been fortunate thus far, as I haven't suffered any losses from using PWEs.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.