View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Got to hand it to them. The U.S. coming back like they did. I was thinking, OK boys, lets protect our lead when we were up 4-2, but that didn't last long.

Truthfully, I am surprised our boys went to the Gold Medal game. Imo, they just didn't look as good as years past but they surprised me.

From what I heard, the U.S. had a very strong team from the get go and were favored to win it.

Excellent game either way. Both sides were completely out of gas!
The game is growing here. It's good for the game. Non traditional hockey cities now have growing youth hockey programs. nay of them influence by ex NHL'ers I think the game is attracting people who don't want their kid's involved in football too. It's more family oriented too.
I'd like to see the WJ tournament grow to the point where it doesn't have to be in a Canadian city to draw a crowd. I'd be ecstatic if it came to the Chicago.

The big surprise to me was Finland not playing well. Sometimes I think Canada over thinks it's team, maybe it's political, yet Canada could probably field three teams and have a good chance of winning gold, silver and bronze.