View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
Nice picture. I can see some resemblance to Wojo.
I agree with this regarding Hank's pitching form, but unfortunately, I don't see where Hank inherited any of his grandpa's good looks!!

Seriously, I wish I had known, and I wish I had been there! Truth be told, the way I feel about Hank is, they don't come any nicer, and this is something that I suspect he did inherit from his grandpa.

The Nats won in the 9th, thanks to a bad-throw gift from the Giants, as the game shudda gone into extra innings. Lady luck often seems to smile on a team on the roll. World Series, here we come - hey, I've dreaming for a Washington team to achieve this even since Dad took me to old Griffith Stadium back in the 1950s!!

Hank, do you realize that the 100th anniversary of the 1924 Senators' (only) Championship is only a dozen years away? Hopefully, the Nats will do some sort of a meaningful remembrance of this achievement during the 2024 season, and they should contract with you to arrange this.

BTW, have you ever noticed the list of names of the members of the DC sports hall of fame (or some words to this effect) that appears, as I recall, in the area beyond the left field seats? What mystifies me re this listing is the glaring omission of "Sam" Rice, who IMHO, had the greatest career with the Senators of any ballplayer not named Walter Johnson.

Best always,
Val