View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 06:24 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
PSA's "Pre-Certified" is basically what they used to call an "Auction LOA" without the piece of paper. Same kind of guarantee that they had looked at it as before, but if you want the full LOA, you can send it in within so many days of the auction and get a discount on the fees.

Supposedly, anything that is "Pre-Certified" is guaranteed to get a Full LOA if you send it in, so it's like getting the thumbs-up without the re-sellable documentation. They're reason for changing to this was something about too many "Auction LOAs" being used in the same way a full LOA would be when auction winners flipped the items on eBay and elsewhere.

I'm not weighing in on whether they're right or wrong or the real motivation behind the change. Just giving info. I have no idea what would happen if you submitted a pre-certified item that they then determined to be non-authentic, or if pre-certified items are handled differently when re-submitted than a newly-submitted item would be.
So supposedly they have looked at it but have not issued a piece of paper for it?
According to another post in another thread it does not even mean that but I don't know for sure and I would not state that as fact. The other post stated that pre-certified meant that they did not even look at it and the auction house is the only entity that has "authenticated" it.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-25-2012 at 06:28 AM.