View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default completely agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I voted FOR both politics and religion to be open for discussion just because I think folks should have a choice, but I also think that there are those who will take it too far and it could easily spill over onto the main board. Easy to moderate that though IMO.
Hey Dan
I am with you, trust me. But there were so many folks who didn't want the politics (and no one cared about the religion debate) I felt it was better not to have them be topics of discussions. Also, I had some insight from a few other mods on other boards, and they had the same views as what you just said. They said the sentiments did in fact spill over, even if the discussions didn't, and it caused problems. I get quite a few private emails on stuff and many times those help sway a decision too. I also understand the reasoning why some didn't want the section at all, but I am in disagreement on that AND that percentage was very low, no matter how we would have done the poll. I actually think I will like this section quite a bit. I still can't believe there are a few folks like T206collector who think the old s/w was better. To me, that is absolutely unbelievable. Thanks for your help too!! regards