View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 07:47 AM

Default Question re SGC Pop report and Article re same on that T206 Life

Luke, I sincerely appreciate this thread about That T206 Life. I have spent at least 2 hrs since yesterday on the (previously-unknown-to-me) site, and it is simply awesome!

I was reading your article re How to read the SGC Pop report, and I have a few questions (if you have the time, it may be best to discuss rather than respond in text/via thread). As you mentioned in another article, my interests in T206 have changed and I am now focused principally on HOFers with Rare backs (and I would like ultimately to have an example of each back, including series and Factory No) in an HOF example, but I am having trouble using SGC to determine how many HOF rare back examples exist for certain cards.

For example, looking at the SGC report, it is pretty clear to me that they do not distinguish by Factory Number. Is this correct? Also, I understand that series 150 is 1909, 360 is 1910, and 460 is 1911, but what about 350-460? And, am I correct the SGC does not distinguish between color variations of backs, such a Red v. Brown Hindu?

Moreover, sometimes multiple backs for the same player is listed, however, there is no indicator as to whether it is listing the population for a portrait or pose, etc (i.e., no "description"). For example, I have an M. Brown Cycle 460. This is a 1911 card. If you type in T206 Mordecai Brown, the entire pop report comes up. Scroll down to the 1911's and you see three different listings for M. Brown in a Cycle -- two listings have no description and one listing has "Chicago on Shirt" (which is what I have in an SGC 60). So, how do I know if there are only 2 SGC-graded M. Brown, Chicago on Shirt Cycle, 460s or whether the other two listings (one with a pop of 1 and one with a pop of 2) are also Chicago on Shirt?

Thanks in advance!