View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default What one may not know when posting...

Posted By: warshawlaw

We are all collectors, many of us collect the same things, and many of us cannot take the time to peruse every auction listing in cyberspace, so I appreciate it when people post information on noteworthy cards in case I am interested in something. One of the great things about the folks here is that we let each other know when something of note in the collection world happens, good and bad both. I've been warned off some fakes by timely posts here and I've found some really nice stuff too because someone saw it in an auction and posted the info or emailed me with it. So, I just don't agree with the idea that we should all sit on information as a matter of course. I've had more than one item "outed" while posting here and I've never borne a grudge or even complained about it. Fair is fair, after all, these are public auctions.
I also feel that there is a broader issue here that some of us may not be considering. Yes, it is a pisser to be beaten out or to pay more for a lot of cards because the info was posted here, but my feeling is that if the item sells for what the "market" truly bears rather than a depressed price relating to a mistaken or underpublicized listing, we all make out in the end because all of our collections rise in value.

Dan, you just have to start collecting crap that no one here gives a damn about--like I do