View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Default Vintage PSA Graded Card Review

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Kyle, that's a good concern/post. Consistency seems to be something that is lacking when it comes to grading services and different card issues. This isn't only a PSA thing, this also goes back to SGC. What is the criteria for an AUTHENTIC label or an actual grade when it comes to strip cards.

I've challenged both PSA and SGC in the past and had them regrade material. I've only done this a few times and I've only had each company regrade one item each (in my favor).

In the long run it's just easier to crack it out, resubmit and see what happens. I've done that a few times and I've had the grade either go up or down 1 grade, in one case up two grades (4 to 6).

Grading is not an exact science. In some cases I've gotten material returned with better grades than I anticipated. I'm a nobody so it's not like they were doing me a favor. It's just the nature of the beast.

You can always call PSA and find out the criteria for grading a certain issue and then ask them where on there website they can point out the criteria. If they tell you a strip card can be assigned a numerical grade but can't point out the determining facators for a grade then don't be surprised if it comes back in an AUTHENTIC holder.