View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Default Vintage PSA Graded Card Review

Posted By: Kyle

The card I submitted was a 1925 W590 Robert T. Jones Jr. (Bobby Jones!). I sent the card to PSA almost a month ago, and it was not graded because of insufficient information. Thanks to another collector, I was able to resubmit with documentation. That same collector also submitted his and ended up with the PSA 5, and mine an Authentic, though if you looked at the two cards together, you'd hardly tell a difference in size and cut, except for mine being cut straighter. So sending a card to PSA for a third time is probably foolish, but with the current 5 day/$13 dollar special, it'd only cost another $30 and perhaps a numerical grade will come out of it.

And I totally agree with your comments on consistency. Another strip I have (W515 Babe Ruth) was sent to SGC and refused because of size. PSA graded it a PSA 8.... yet I've seen other SGC strips that look to be the same size as mine, OR they don't follow the "size" guidelines SGC told me about. It is hit or miss, and hopefully I'll hit a triple with a head first slide into third (sorry, I can't wait for 12 inch softball season to return).

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Take care,
Kyle