View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 02:34 PM
J0hn Collin$

Not every seller on eBay is a huge dealer with some crazy, massive inventory where a few returns here and there aren't going to make a difference. Some of us are just fair-to-midland collectors who ocassionally list items to sell to pay down something we've bought recently, or who move cards through that format due to a desire to change collecting focus or something like that. Personally I'm thrilled I even have the option to do something like this today; back in the 80's and 90's as a kid if you wanted to get rid of certain cards you had to go to a dealer where you would get a certain "percentage" of Beckett (the God-like Authority, cross yourself as you reference their name...) based on what they thought your stuff could be flipped for themselves.

I digress - I don't think it's unreasonable at all to clearly state that you don't accept returns. I do that with graded vintage cards where what you are getting and the standards should be pretty obvious for all. Graded, at least unlike raw vintage is more of a commodity. If you get a card and for whatever reason you aren't happy with it, in many cases it's not difficult at all just to flip it yourself. The good thing about eBay is that whether you think a return policy should be mandatory, or (like me) you could often care less - is there are plenty of options on both sides to choose from.