View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInOmaha View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like I hoped I was the only one bidding, and that Mr. Nicolls wouldn't get the full value of his cards. My intention was that I appreciate that many on the board, even if the card might fit something they are working on (specific brand back set, Southern League sub set) have been kind enough to not bid against me when cards that fit both of our collections come up. I've also tried to post in the past if one comes up, but is way, way out of my league to say go ahead, go for it, because I know I have no chance.

I have snipes in place for the cards, well in excess of what I would consider fair market value. I'm not trying to take money away from the current owner, just expressing thanks to those who might say "Oh, I've always wanted a card of So-and-So, but I'll wait for the next."

Really didn't intend for this to become icky, or seem underhanded. Sorry.
I don't think it came off that way at all, so I wouldn't worry. These cards are special to you, and you just hope that no one artificially inflates the price and keeps you from getting them. Seems reasonable to me. I hope the seller gets market for them and that you get them at market price--the same thing I hope for myself and the sellers when I am buying cards. Good luck!