View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 09:21 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

At the end of the day it is "us" who make the decision to buy or not. Screw anything on the flip. If you like the card buy it and if not, don't. Personally I don't like OC cards whether on the flip or not. I collect cards for their aesthetics (among other things), others buy for their technical grades. It is a personal choice on how we collect but, as mentioned often lately, the hobby is moving a bit more towards buying the card and not the paper above it with a totally subjective opinion.
There isn't a right or wrong way to collect but it is true the market doesn't like OC on a flip (as Ryan mentioned). This T205 has a small stain on back. No creases, no wrinkles, no chipping and no letters can't be read on back due to the small stain. It is a PSA 2. Who cares? I am just grateful for the stain . I guess if I collected flips I would be upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Agree with this and I think the empirical data suggests that an OC qualifier does not cause the card to be valued two levels lower, but more like three. I also think that the detriment of the qualifier varies based on how bad the miscut is. Some OC cards look no different than a badly centered card without the qualifier; most just look like shit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harry.jpg (62.0 KB, 57 views)