View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:21 PM
James Gallo

I think the buyer was being a bit of a dick and greedy too.

That being said it sounds like you got back a graded card so I think the grading should have been covered by the refund but I totally understand your principle point as well.

As Leon said the feedback system is total BS and we all know that. The problem is that with the DSR not refunding a guy $10 could cost you a lot more with a neg and a lower DSR. I had a guy claim to not get his $10 worth of crap. He never asked me for a refund because he knew I had a DC number and he would have lost the case. 6 months later my DSR are still lower then they should be cause this ass gave me 2 negs. In the end it cost me more in the DSR discount then it would have if I would have just sent the $10 to him, but he was a total ass and made no attempt to try and track the package down on his end so I went with principle much like you did. The neutral won't hurt as much as the negs, just make sure he can't hit you on other cards as well.

If in any email through ebay he said I will leave you a negative or neutral feedback if you don't refund me, then you should have a pretty good case with ebay, otherwise I think you will be SOL.

In the end I think its a split, you got a bit of a benefit cause you got back a graded card but the buyer lost $11 because he was a dick. Serves him right and I don't think you were in the wrong with your decision.

James G