View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Yes, quite possible. Also keep in mind that USPS doesn't truly track 1st Class packages to Canada. The "tracking trail" will always die at the sort facility immediately before crossing the border to be handed off to Canada (or any other country's) postal system. Here in the southeast, all international packages go through Miami, FL, where they get scanned and then "disappear" for a week or more before finally being delivered to the buyer. Even after delivery though, if you check the tracking, it will still show the last scan as being in Miami, FL. For this reason, I quit giving tracking numbers to international buyers because I got tired of them e-mailing me a week after I shipped it and asking why their package had been sitting in Florida for the last few days and could I please call them and check on it. It sounds mean, but it's easier to just let them know when it shipped and not give them any tracking info at all.
I wait for them to ask for the tracking number and then give them the customs# and let them know it can't be tracked on-line once it leaves the U.S., but that their local Post Office could probably let them know where it is, once it has entered their country.